Hannah Grace Ryan
Since graduating with a BA(Hons) from Glasgow School of Art, I have exhibited my work throughout the UK and Europe, and have established my own workshop and studio in Glasgow, Scotland.
It was during my studies that I discovered the decorative technique of granulation. An art form used throughout the ancient world, granulation is the process of fusing together granules of silver or gold to create distinctive ornate structures.
For me, granulation is an intimate process. After several years of experimentation I developed my own method, and the result is a beautifully spontaneous and unpredictable way of making.
Whether working on bespoke commissions or through my own collection, I create jewellery which is uniquely compelling and completely individual.
Exhibitions & Awards
- ‘Getting Started’ Delegate, The Goldsmiths’ Centre, London
- Vanilla Ink Professional Development Delegate, Glasgow
- “One.”, The Garnet Collective, The Lighthouse, Glasgow
- “Genesis”, Vanilla Ink, Gesso Lounge, Glasgow
- Flock, The Barn, Banchory
- Elements 2, Lyon & Turnbull, Edinburgh
- Graduate Residency Programme, Edinburgh Contemporary Crafts, Edinburgh
- Christmas Showcase, Edinburgh Contemporary Crafts, Edinburgh
- Scottish Creative Network Launch, ANTA, Edinburgh
- Work featured in Issue 4 of Hope St Magazine
- Vivre Cote Sud 2015, Aix En Provence, France
- One Year On, New Designers, London
- SITSelect Showcase, Stroud International Textiles, Cheltenham
- Debut Exhibition, The Garnet Collective, Glasgow
- Highly Commended, The Goldsmiths’ Company Design Competition
- Work featured in Craft & Design Magazine’s June 2014 Issue
- Degree Show 14, Glasgow School of Art Degree Show, Glasgow
- New Designers 2014, New Designers, London
- '15 Degrees Graduate Exhibition’, Art Pistol, Glasgow
- Emerging Makers Stand, Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair, Manchester
- REMARKET: Saltmarket and Recoat, Collaborative Exhibition, Edinburgh and Glasgow